Baker Tilly International's combined revenues have grown 6.2% for the year ended December 2016, with global partner and staff numbers up 8.9%
In calculating this year’s statistics, the network has revised the definition of both the revenues and the number of member firms reported1. Below are the statistics for 2016 with comparative figures for 2015 calculated on the same basis.
Growth in 2016
|Revenues US$m||Partners and Staff|
|December 2016||December 20151||% Change||December 2016||December 20151||% Change|
|Middle East & Africa||90||83||8.4||1,677||1,638||2.4|
Our member firms in North America reported strong growth averaging 7.8%, with overall growth being impacted by the departure of two member firms. Growth across other regions was also strong, and for the first time in the history of our network we have more than 30,000 partners and staff. This is a great reflection of our members' ongoing commitment to being recognised as employers of choice in their local markets.
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) are an important part of our members' growth plans and we have seen expansions in Singapore, Canada, Australia, Kazakhstan, USA and UK. In addition to this M&A activity, we welcomed new firms to the network in Austria, Bolivia, Honduras, Ireland, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Somalia and Tunisia. At 31 December 2016 our network was represented in 147 countries (142 countries in 2015) by a total of 126 member firms (128 in 2015).
- Statistics presented represent the combined figures of independent member firms.
- 1With regard to revenues, we now include only full member firms that were members of the network at the end of the reporting period. Local revenues have been converted into US dollars using average exchange rates for the year, as opposed to constant exchange rates in prior years. With regard to the number of member firms, we now recognise each member firm that operates in more than one country as one member, as opposed to separate members for each country in previous years.
- 2Total revenues for 2016 includes US$10m from Baker Tilly Europe Alliance.
- For the purposes of consistent reporting in line with the International Accounting Bulletin's regional definitions, Latin America includes Mexico and the Caribbean. North America refers to the United States and Canada.
About Baker Tilly International
- Baker Tilly International is a top 10 network of independent accounting and business advisory firms by combined fee income of its independent members.
- Every day, over 30,000 people in 126 member firms in 147 countries provide accountancy and business services to entrepreneurial, growing businesses and corporates worldwide.
Global Head of Communications and Business Development
Baker Tilly International
Contact no: +44 (0) 20 3882 2016